House of Frasers, Edinburgh Store, Location, Building, Image, Phone, Address, Princes St Shop

House of Fraser, Edinburgh Store

Princes St Store, Retail in South East Scotland, UK: Shopping in the Scottish Capital

House of Fraser Edinburgh

House of Fraser House of Fraser Edinburgh
photos © Adrian Welch

Location: far west end of Princes St
Address: 145 Princes Street, West End, Edinburgh, EH2 4BL
Phone: 0870 160 7239

With the new Harvey Nichols store, revamped John Lewis and Jenners stores, plus Greenside Place, Frasers Edinburgh seems to be interested in relocating from what is increasingly looking like being the wrong end of town. Mar 2002

House of Fraser Shop Search
Frasers Edinburgh House of Fraser Store Edinburgh
store images © Adrian Welch

House of Fraser (HoF) is apparently searching for a new city-centre shop location following a decision to treble the size of its Edinburgh store. Mar 2002

House of Fraser Edinburgh Store Frasers Edinburgh Store
building images © Adrian Welch

Store Update
HoF buys Jenners Department Store, an institution in the Scottish capital: possibility of staged store refurbishment Apr 2005

Architecture in Edinburgh

House of Frasers
House of Fraser image © Adrian Welch

Luxury Edinburgh Shops
Jenners Store
Harvey Nichols Store

Prestigious new House of Fraser Store
Jenners Store Edinburgh
House of Fraser photo © Adrian Welch
Jenners bought by House of Fraser

Edinburgh Shops

Selection of the larger retail stores across the Scottish capital:

Craigleith Retail Park
Asda Edinburgh Shopping Centre, The Jewel
Cameron Toll Shopping
Fort Kinnaird Shops
Gyle Shopping Centre
Ocean Terminal Leith Stores
St James Shopping Centre
Debenhams Store Edinburgh

TK Max : Meadowbank Shop

British Home Stores

IKEA Edinburgh Straiton

Jenners Department Store, now known simply as Jenners, is a department store located in Edinburgh, Scotland, and was the oldest independent department store in Scotland until its acquisition by House of Fraser in 2005.

The original buildings that formed the department store were destroyed by fire in 1892. In 1893 the Scottish architect William Hamilton Beattie was appointed to design the new store, which opened in 1895. This building is designated as a category A listed building. It is noted by the statutory listing that, at Charles Jenner’s insistence, the building’s caryatids were intended ‘to show symbolically that women are the support of the house’. The new store included many technical innovations such as electric lighting and hydraulic lifts.

Known as the “Harrods of the North” the department store has held a Royal Warrant since 1911.
source: wikipedia

Comments / photos for the Frasers Store Architecture – Princes Street Shopping page welcome

Frasers Edinburgh Store Building : page